Thursday 1 January 2015

Favourite Card Shape or Fold (& tell us WHY)


Happy New Year!!

Thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge, as usual we had some wonderful entries and ta da.....



Our winner is:


Sue U




Please email us at AsYouLikeItChallenge@hotmail.co.uk to claim your prize, 

and don't forget to grab your *winners* badge below:




and our Top 3 are


Laine


Jackie C


Lucy Patrick


Congratulations and please grab our *Top 3* badge to display on your blog:









So, onto our 44th challenge








The sponsor of this challenge with a prize of 3 digi images is  :

Crafty Sentiment Designs



Crafty Sentiments Designs is an online based family company owned and run by Suzette.  The images are cute, fun and make any cards and projects look amazing. Suzette and Justyna are the main artists.  All images are exclusive to Crafty Sentiments Designs and there are lots of digital stamps available, sentiments, rubber stamps, crafting CDs, exclusive Crafty Sentiments Designs dies and much more at www.craftysentimentsdesigns.co.uk. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.





This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
your Favourite Card Shape or Fold (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.


Here are the beautiful creations made by our Design Team to get your mojo flowing:


I love this Go Kreate Lables die; 
the largest of the set makes a beautifully shaped card.


I also like tent-fold cards the best, I'm not sure why, 
but I find them much easier to photograph than side-folds!




Samantha

This was a difficult one of me because I nearly always make square cards and love them
but this is also a card shape I love too.  It's very simple; you just trim off about 2 inches from the end of the card front, and add your image layer so it hangs over.



Carol

I love this shaped card, not sure what its called. 

I love it cause there's plenty of squares to dress up or down.






Mojca

I just love easel cards, especially this kind of twisted one. They are so unique and special.






Sarah


Stepper cards are my favourite "alternative" card shape/fold. I love that you can dress them up as I have done here. I usually make my own but on this occasion I discovered a ready made card blank that was a little bigger than I'd normally make and suited the sponsor's image perfectly!!






Suzette


I love shape cards as they are different from your everyday cards plus they lend themselves to all different embellishments





Wilma

An easel card is my favourite card shape. I must confess I don't use it very often, because I only use it for very special occasions or persons. It is easy to make and the result is always special. 






So now it's over to you.

We hope you will join in our challenge, show us your style and 
showcase your Favourite Card Shape or Fold (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Good luck, and happy crafting.

Hugs from the AYLI girls.




3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for choosing my card in your Top 3 and congrats to all the winners. Happy New Year to you all at AYLI. XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased to be included in the Top 3. Thank you so much and many congratulations to all of the winners. Sending Happy New Year wishes to all.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, my entry is #21, the Unexpected Crafter.:) I love the A2 size fold card because it is very versatile and easy to take pics of.. it stands on its own, no problem. Plus, its easy to find envelopes for it :)

    ReplyDelete